Monday, April 03, 2006

Ireland




Ok so after slaving over my computer for the last week writing my thesis, I decided to make a "visitation" to Dublin. (By the way, if you're ever writing a thesis or any academic piece of work upwards of forty-fifty pages, don't trust your MAC to save it.. and instead of having a nervous breakdown when you realise it's not the paint fumes or cold medication you're on that caused you to just not save the thing properly,..walk out of your 14th century apartment and take a stroll down to Ponte Vecchio, and then visit the friendly waiters at Gilis for some gelato --oh right, then schedule a flight out of the country for a weekend to recover).

So the trip ! It was amazing. Ireland is so beautiful. I stayed by a friend who did a great job showing me around Dublin. We went down the Grafton strip and Templebar. There was also the Ireland Art Fair on this weekend for me to go and see (not so impressive after seeing the one in London), and of course I made a trip to the National Gallery there as well. I was impressed with their permanent collection (Caravaggio, el Greco, Rembrandt, Vermeer..) but did not get to spend enough time there (sounds like another trip...).

Anyhow I am now back in Florence for critiques. Things are okay here. I am sick AGAIN, but all is well. I am still trying to figure out when I am coming home. (You'll know as soon as I do. Promise.)

Pics: Ireland Art Fair, National Gallery, & Grafton street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home